Sunday, March 28, 2010

In a Nutshell - 33: Pearls of Parenting Wisdom and Humor

  • Fly without hesitation to the edge of the horizon with outstretched wings and vivid dreams trusting you will not fall. (Heather Handler)


  • Before I speak, I have something important to say (Groucho Marx)


  • In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. (Baba Dioum)


  • Just as parents care for their children, you should bear in mind the whole universe. (Zen Master Dogen)


  • If an unnamed baby gets sick, name it and it will get well. (Naming legend)


  • All good things are wild, and free. (Henry David Thoreau)


  • When lighting a fire, give it the name of someone you love. If the fire goes out, your love is unrequited. If it burns, your love is returned. (Naming legend)


  • No, Groucho is not my real name. I’m breaking it in for a friend. (Groucho Marx, born Julius Marx)


  • Everything that irritates us about others can lead to an understanding about ourselves. (Carl Jung)


  • Getting older is no problem. You just have to live long enough. (Groucho Marx)


  • I swear I will not dishonor my soul with hatred, but offer myself humbly as a guardian of nature, as a healer of misery, as a messenger of wonder, as an architect of peace. (Diane Ackerman)

No comments: