Monday, March 15, 2010

In a Nutshell - 14: Pearls of Parenting Wisdom and Humor

  • Don’t die with your music still in you. (Wayne Dyer)
  • In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. (Thomas Jefferson)
  • I want to have children, but my friends scare me. One of my friends told me she was in labor for 36 hours. I don’t even want to do anything that feels good for 36 hours. (Rita Rudner)
  • Children have more need of models than of critics. (Carolyn Coats)
  • Instead of being tossed about by whatever crisis-du-jouris clamoring for your attention, you can choose to live your life as a spiritual practice and walk the Earth with awareness and intent. (Saralee Sky)
  • Women hold up half the sky. (Chinese proverb)
  • A grandmother is a mother who has a second chance. (Caroline Flitcroft)
  • This is to mother you, to comfort you and get you through. Through when your nights are lonely, through when your dreams are only blue, this is to mother you. (Sinead O’Connor)
  • I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother. But what I prayed for was a puppy. (Joyce)

No comments: