Monday, March 08, 2010

In a Nutshell - 3: Pearls of Parenting Wisdom and Humor

  • Having babies is having hope. (Jeannine Parvati Baker)
  • It is all gut and squall. (Charles Brown)
  • My children are my life. I can’t think of anything that gives me greater joy. (Jane Seymour)
  • Listen with care when your child tells you what he or she is afraid of. It doesn’t help to tease or say “There’s nothing to be scared of.” Fears are real to children. It’s important not to discount their feelings. (Mr. Rogers)
  • The real menace in dealing with a five-year-old is that in no time at all you begin to sound like a five-year-old. (Jean Kerr)
  • Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself. They come through you but not from you, and though they are with you yet they belong not to you. (Kahlil Gibran)
  • The baby was a lovely little boy, but, sad to say, he did not weigh sixty pounds. That is what I had gained and that was what I had to lose. (Barbara Bush)
  • Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one. (Gloria Steinem)

No comments: