Monday, March 15, 2010

In a Nutshell - 13: Pearls of Parenting Wisdom and Humor

  • I went to my grandson and held him. I looked into his piercing blue eyes. He returned my look with total trust. (Charlotte S. Goodhue)
  • The old are the precious gem in the center of the household. (Chinese Proverb)
  • A woman at peace has stopped looking for someone to blame. (Barbara Jenkins)
  • Motherhood and homemaking are honorable choices for any woman, provided it is the woman herself who makes those decisions. (Molly Yard)
  • When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, “I’m not sure.” “Look in your underwear, Grandma,” he advised. “Mine says I’m four.” (Email)
  • Find some quiet time before the holidays to ask your child what traditions he or she has enjoyed over the years. They may be the ones you want to make sure to preserve. (Fred Rogers)
  • Involve your child in the pre-holiday activities by working together to make name cards for the family meal, making cookies, creating holiday cards, or setting up the candles. Participating gives children an important sense of belonging. (Fred Rogers)
  • Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. (Bobby - age 7)

No comments: