Monday, March 29, 2010

In a Nutshell - 38: Pearls of Parenting Wisdom and Humor

  • We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. (Joseph Campbell)


  • When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile. (Regina Brett)


  • Early childhood is the most important part of life. It informs all that we do thereafter. (Mister Rogers)


  • Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present. (Regina Brett)


  • Envy is the art of counting another’s blessings instead of your own. (Harold Coffin)


  • When I count my blessings, I count you twice. (Irish Proverb)


  • We plant seeds that will flower as results in our lives, so best to remove the weeds of anger, avarice, envy and doubt, that peace and abundance may manifest for all. (Dorothy Day)


  • I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. (Unknown)


  • Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart," all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart." (Unknown)


  • In the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed. (Kahlil Gibran)


  • When I count my blessings, I count you twice. (Irish Proverb) :)

No comments: