Monday, March 29, 2010

In a Nutshell - 37: Pearls of Parenting Wisdom and Humor

  • While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about. (Angela Schwindt)


  • When the wisdom of the Grandmothers is heard, the world will heal. (Native American Prophecy)


  • Atheism is a non-prophet organization. (Unknown)


  • One of the most essential ways of saying “I love you” is by careful listening – listening with the “ear of the heart.” (Mr. Rogers)


  • Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects. (Unknown)


  • I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. (Martha Washington)


  • Change the story and you change perception; change perception and you change the world. (Jean Houston)


  • A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab centre said: 'Keep off the Grass.' (Unknown


  • When I dare to be powerful -- to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid. (Audre Lorde)


  • There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure. (Jack E. Leonard)

No comments: